Sunday, June 26, 2011

So Sad To See The Weekend Go

OMG!!!  Words do not describe the weekend I had.  There was nothing overly spectacular.  I didn't win the lottery.  I didn't go on a fabulous trip.  I just loved my life.

Saturday morning started with a little bit of pampering.  A great cup of coffee while getting an incredible pedicure.  If you've ever had one you know what I'm talking about.  If you haven't had one, stop what you are doing right now and go do it!!!!!

Saturday night Mr. Sweet Life and I went out...without kids!!!!!  For the first time in, well, I don't remember how long.  We had a great dinner, just the 2 of us.  Afterwards we met some friends of ours to see a band at a local pub. 

Vinyl Groove - Kick Ass Band
We laughed, we drank, we danced, we had all around great time!!!!  Then Sunday morning happened.  I think we forgot what it feels like to have that good of a time, hahahaha!  I can say it was TOTALLY worth it!  Oh yeah, and thank goodness for greasy breakfast sandwiches.

Sunday brought what it always does.  Laundry, Nascar, and fantastic dinner!!!! Today's was no disappointment!


Pork tenderloin crusted in applewood smoked bacon, corn, and Parmesan roasted potato wedges.  The tenderloin was good, though I can take no credit other than taking it out of the package and following the cooking directions.  If you want to try this tenderloin, get a Sam's Club membership. 


Corn is just corn.  I don't have any good tips on corn except try to get it fresh.  In a couple of weeks we will have fresh corn stands everywhere.  It's always the best then.  I did recently read on The Southern Lady Cooks to add some sugar to the water when boiling it. She says it will bring out some of the sweetness.  I always boil mine in water with a little milk and butter.  GOOD STUFF!!!


Tonight's winner though were the potatoes!!!!  Again I stalked my favorite foodie site.  I was on the look out for a good side dish to complete our already great dinner.  Once again she did not fail me. 


Potato wedges...I always forget about this option.  My standards are mashed and baked.  Nothing exciting here.  Today, though, we had wedges...covered in herbs and parmesan cheese.  Do not under estimate the wonderfulness and many uses for parmesan cheese.  It's not just for shaking on spaghetti. 


I also can't speak enough about how easy this was.  I'm not one for extravagant.  I need something that looks and tastes like I put a lot of work into it, but really takes no more than 15 min prep before popping in the oven. What you get in the end...incredible!!!


These were in fact the perfect addition to our Sunday dinner.  We ended the night watching Marley and Me.  A perfect ending to a perfect weekend.  To all of those that made it great (especially my hubby)...thank you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment