Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blueberry Bloggin'

What a week it's been!  I don't even know where to begin.  So let's start with blueberries!


On Monday I fell in love with blueberries.  They are in season (which means on sale), and they are everywhere.  I don't know about you, but to me they are the first indicator that summer is finally here.

First thing on my list - Banana Blueberry Bread.


I've never made banana bread with blueberries, so I searched and searched and searched some more for a recipe. In then end I decided on old reliable and threw in hands full of blueberries until it looked good.  What I got...turned out amazing! 


The smell that comes out of the oven while baking is worth it alone.  Turns out the taste is fantastic!!!!!  Three loaves came out of the oven.  Two went to offices and were enjoyed by many.  The third sits on my counter waiting to be devoured by my family.   I have listed the recipe below for all to try and enjoy!

BANANA BREAD RECIPE
3 large ripe bananas
1egg, well beaten
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


In a large mixing bowl mash bananas well and mix with beaten egg.  Add sugar, melted butter, and vanilla, mix until well combined.  In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add half of the sifted ingredients to the banana mixture, mix well.  Add the other half  of the sifted ingredients and mix until combined completely.  Bake in 1 greased 5x9 loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Bread is done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.

__________________________________________________

Tuesday brought Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies.  That's a story for another day!
(Check back tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment