Monday, July 18, 2011

For The Love of Disney World...and Coffee Mugs

Anybody that knows me, knows that I love love love Walt Disney World.  Seriously, who doesn't???  It is the happiest place on earth!  I grew up in Orlando and took for granted I would always be able to go when ever I wanted.  Now I live 1400 miles away and haven't been in at least 4 years.  I can't wait to go back!!!!

OK, next thing about me.  I collect coffee mugs.  Isn't that silly???  I collect coffee mugs...and pens, but that's another story.  I try to get a coffee mug everywhere I go.  Let's face it.  It's the practical souvenir.  If you are a coffee drinker (I love coffee), this is at least something you will use.  Really, what are you going to do with a collection of tiny spoons?  Unless you know a colony of leprechauns, these are useless.

So, I've told you these things so I can tell you what I got today.


No, I did not get a person.  That's my friend Lara (on the left)  This picture is a couple of years old, but what a great memory!  We decided to have a wine tasting at her house.  We set out different kinds of wine and foods to pair with them.  If I recall correctly, we had A LOT of wine.  Not a lot of food. 

Sorry, I've wandered.  Anyway, my good friend Lara goes to Disney World every chance she gets, which these days seems to be every other weekend.  The last time she went I told her to send me a mug.  Here we are a month later, and today it appeared on my door step. 


I thought it was so great, it was worth pulling out my photo box to take pictures of it. 

I am well aware that some of you are laughing at me right now.  I'm OK with that! 


Aside from the 3 mugs I have with my son's art on them (it was a school fundraiser, and I think he drew the same picture for all 3), I think this is my new favorite.  It has 50, yes 50 Disney Characters.  I'm proud to say that I knew all but 1.  It's bigger than the average mug.  That means it holds more coffee...YAY!!!!


Best of all, when I use it I will think of my friend.  Thank you Lara for this small fantastic gift!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment